Pages

December 14, 2015

Fun and Mart Korean Grocery


I was so happy discovering this new shop in our neighborhood.  It's called Fun and Mart Korean Grocery.  My mom had been to it first, buying frozen dumplings for my children (which they loved fried or steamed).  The frozen popcorn chicken is easy and good for young and old alike.



I soon visited too, and I unearthed such great finds.

They have great fruit juice drinks.  I especially took a liking to their crushed peach juice. I have been buying them in boxes! It's not too sweet, and the pulp is not too much that it's annoying. It's refreshing and a great pick-me-upper for me.



They have different kinds of soy sauce and salad dressings and soba sauce.  Also bulgogi and kalbi marinades which are very reasonably priced.


They also carry the popular ginseng chicken stew Korea is famous for.  They are packed ready-to-eat. Just heat them. Nutritious and fortifying!


They have all sorts of canned goodies. Even the Korean snack of high-protein silkworm pupa! I hear it's a popular "pulutan".


I found my favorite frozen salted mackerel in Fun and Mart, also very reasonably priced.  We just pan-grill it with olive oil and some garlic.  It's very tasty, doesn't get dry when cooked.  It's very easy to prepare for packed lunch.


They carry premium beef for shabu-shabu hot pot and for bulgogi.  They even have wagyu steaks!


They carry all sorts for the potato-chip lovers out there.  Even the hard-to-find Calbee honey butter chip! My personal favorite is the Crown Gold White Cheddar Cheese which has sweet honey and is low in salt. 


They carry Korean beauty products too, like BB creams and Envisage Collagen Face Cleansing lotion, and Hairfull products.


I also love their home-made yogurt and shakes. They're just the right yummy level of tarty! I am eager to try their snow-flakes next!

 

Now, this is my treasured find from Fun and Mart-- the Honey Butter Macadamia.  It's my most favorite snack these days.  Great with beer too.  They run out quickly, but you can always give them your name and number.  The staff is very efficient with orders and they send me messages once what I need are back in stock. 


They are open til 11pm in the evenings, so I can easily catch them after work when I want to (which is often). Fun and Mart is at the ground level of the Bellitudo, along Katipunan in White Plains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment